Vernal Biosciences is seeking a highly motivated Business Development Manager to drive CDMO sales activities for end-to-end mRNA and LNP clinical solutions, including RUO, PD and GMP services. The BD manager will be responsible for building new customer pipelines, nurturing leads and customer touchpoints, and closing sales to exceed Vernal’s revenue and market share. Candidate can be based in the Boston/ Florida/ Vermont Area.
- Manage business development and sales strategies by actively prospecting for customers seeking CDMO services in GMP mRNA and LNP. Meet and exceed annual sales plan.
- Build, maintain and own sales pipelines on CRM. Track opportunities, present sales progress and voice of customers (VOC) to Commercial, Operations and Quality leadership on a regular basis.
- Manage incoming sales leads. Be the primary client contact to build a trusting strategic partnership with clients. Deliver value propositions and drive strong market adoption of Vernal’s technologies.
- Implement Vernal’s CDMO sales strategies by leveraging internal resources to conceptualize project deliverables, from executing NDA and MSA, managing client intake, completing RFI/ RFP and proposals, driving negotiation, and generating quotes to closing sales.
- Implement agile execution of GMP sales process by presenting client requirements, addressing client issues, and formulating responses to ensure timely revision and product deliverable for the best-in-class CDMO customer experience.
- Facilitate successful site visits by prospective GMP clients, including coordinating agenda with Operations and Quality, leading sales discussions, capturing client feedback, and driving strategies to close sales.
- Support outreach, marketing and thought leadership to showcase Vernal’s capabilities at conferences and trade shows. Ability to travel up to 50%.
- Maintain deep knowledge of client programs and pipelines to accurately provide forecast of client demands and sales funnel.
Desired skills and background
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Molecular Biology or Biochemistry. PhD preferred.
- At least 3 years of field sales or business development experience in advanced therapies, especially CDMO or CRO.
- Detail oriented and able to multitask in a dynamic environment with excellent organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter, attention to detail, and effective prioritization for responding to customer requests and urgency.
How to Apply
If you feel that you are a great match for this position and want to make a difference in the exciting field of next-generation therapeutics, then reach out to us at [email protected] and be sure to include your resume and cover letter. We look forward to hearing from you!
Vernal is an equal opportunity employer. We recognize the value of diverse, multifaceted approaches towards innovation and aim to incorporate diverse perspectives and experiences. We strive to build a safe, welcoming, and inclusive work culture.
At Vernal, you will offer knowledge-based solutions to help us address the growing demand for mRNA, lipid nanoparticle (LNP) mRNA, drug screening, and ultimately clinical supply of mRNA. Together, we will create the most integrated solution for mRNA vaccines and therapeutic R&D. Vernal will become the only one-stop-shop for our clients’ and partners’ mRNA needs, from concept all the way to clinical trials. The mRNA research associate or scientist will develop methods to synthesize, purify, and scale up mRNA. As a startup, we are seeking adaptable, creative thinkers who can independently foresee gaps and opportunities and who take the initiative to solve problems with a sense of urgency. We expect the work to be rewarding, fast-paced, and to offer ample opportunities to plan and create new solutions to help grow our business. Vernal will pay a competitive salary with generous benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance. Although hiring level will depend on experience, we expect to grow with our employees and are interested in a variety of backgrounds.
Vernal Biosciences is located in Colchester, Vermont, adjacent to Burlington which is home of the University of Vermont and the UVM Medical Center. Check out https://www.helloburlingtonvt.com/ for more information. The Burlington area, set on the shores of Lake Champlain, features the best of two worlds:
- Multicultural hub with great schools, restaurants, breweries, shopping, arts, and an affordable cost of living
- Gateway to the Green Mountains including world class hiking, camping, bicycling, and alpine and Nordic skiing