Vernal Biosciences is recruiting for a GMP Alliance Manager to oversee all cross-functional GMP clients’ project activities, track project progress, and drive contracted GMP campaigns to completion. As the key interface between Commercial Sales and Operations, and the customers, GMP Alliance Manager will manage multiple projects, facilitate client and internal meetings, and foster a strong alliance with Vernal’s clients with the ability to quickly address project requirements, identify issues, overcome challenges, and provide resolutions. This is a full-time, on-site position at our Colchester, VT facility.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- As a customer-facing single point of contact interfacing with MSAT, Operations and Quality to support the planning and execution of GMP projects.
- Take ownership of tracking all aspects of GMP client projects and milestones, including project progress, pre-campaign kickoff due diligence (e.g., batch record approval), mid-project inquiries, client concerns, turnaround time, revisions, and deviations, if any.
- Prepare and compile the required information on technical feasibility, resources, deliverables, and timeline to complete the scope of the work as defined on the RFPs, and to construct GMP proposals and statement of work (SOW) as requested
- Facilitate and lead regular (weekly or biweekly) meetings with clients. Manage alliance with GMP clients by providing clear responses and set expectations.
- Coordinate meetings with internal stakeholders to ensure all customer issues are addressed and resolved in a timely manner. Maintain meeting minutes, assign accountabilities of action items and follow-up with primary stakeholders to compile complete responses for clients.
- Partner with Sales, Product and Operations to coordinate and manage GMP slot reservation scheduling during GMP contract discussion. Provide recommendations to optimize slot utilization.
- Partner with Product Manager and internal stakeholders to support GMP proposal creation and RFP completion.
- Monitor and maintain executed documentations and project schedules to ensure adherence to timeline. Communicate any deviations to clients and assist in risk mitigation when such deviations occur.
- Implement new process and template for project governance as needed.
- Design metrics around GMP client satisfaction and report out to Senior Leadership team.
Desired skills and background
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Chemistry, Engineering, Biology, Molecular Biology or Biochemistry. Ph.D. and PMP preferred
- At least 2 years of GMP or clinical project management experience
- Experience in project management tools such as SmartSheet and Asana
- Critical thinker with agility, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail with a result-oriented business mindset
How to Apply
If you feel that you are a great match for this position and want to make a difference in the exciting field of next-generation therapeutics, then reach out to us at [email protected] and be sure to include your resume and cover letter. We look forward to hearing from you!
Vernal is an equal opportunity employer. We recognize the value of diverse, multifaceted approaches towards innovation and aim to incorporate diverse perspectives and experiences. We strive to build a safe, welcoming, and inclusive work culture.
At Vernal, you will offer knowledge-based solutions to help us address the growing demand for mRNA, lipid nanoparticle (LNP) mRNA, drug screening, and ultimately clinical supply of mRNA. Together, we will create the most integrated solution for mRNA vaccines and therapeutic R&D. Vernal will become the only one-stop-shop for our clients’ and partners’ mRNA needs, from concept all the way to clinical trials. The mRNA research associate or scientist will develop methods to synthesize, purify, and scale up mRNA. As a startup, we are seeking adaptable, creative thinkers who can independently foresee gaps and opportunities and who take the initiative to solve problems with a sense of urgency. We expect the work to be rewarding, fast-paced, and to offer ample opportunities to plan and create new solutions to help grow our business. Vernal will pay a competitive salary with generous benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance. Although hiring level will depend on experience, we expect to grow with our employees and are interested in a variety of backgrounds.
Vernal Biosciences is located in Colchester, Vermont, adjacent to Burlington which is home of the University of Vermont and the UVM Medical Center. Check out https://www.helloburlingtonvt.com/ for more information. The Burlington area, set on the shores of Lake Champlain, features the best of two worlds:
- Multicultural hub with great schools, restaurants, breweries, shopping, arts, and an affordable cost of living
- Gateway to the Green Mountains including world class hiking, camping, bicycling, and alpine and Nordic skiing