The Manufacturing Science Associate will assist with characterization, scale-up and adaptation of manufacturing procedures relating to the GMP production of RNA and DNA therapeutics.
- Design and conduct QbD/DOE studies for the scale-up and/or characterization of manufacturing operations relating to mRNA, plasmid DNA, proteins, and small molecules with supervision or guidance
- Identify equipment design requirements and maintain equipment in a validated state
- Troubleshoot problems associated with manufacturing operations
- Document all work in electronic lab notebook, QbD, or Quality Management system as appropriate.
- Recognize, report, and investigate deviations
Desired skills and background
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in chemical engineering, cell or molecular biology, biochemistry, or a related field
- SQL, JMP, and/or general programming experience
- Familiarity with automation, controls, and metrology principles
- Familiarity with pilot scale bioprocess equipment including fermenters, chromatography stations, and mixers
- Nucleic acid or protein chemistry: HPLC/FPLC, UV/VIS spectrophotometry, gel electrophoresis, PCR, molecular cloning
- Biochemistry: polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis (PAGE), western blotting, other forms of immunoblotting (e.g. dot and slot blots), microbial cell culture
- High attention to detail including planning, executing, and documenting experiments
- Communication skills including protocol writing, working directly with clients, Power Point
At Vernal, you will offer knowledge-based solutions to help us address the growing demand for mRNA, lipid nanoparticle (LNP) mRNA, drug screening, and ultimately clinical supply of mRNA. Together, we will create the most integrated solution for mRNA vaccines and therapeutic R&D. Vernal will become the only one-stop-shop for our clients’ and partners’ mRNA needs, from concept all the way to clinical trials. The mRNA research associate or scientist will develop methods to synthesize, purify, and scale up mRNA. As a startup, we are seeking adaptable, creative thinkers who can independently foresee gaps and opportunities and who take the initiative to solve problems with a sense of urgency. We expect the work to be rewarding, fast-paced, and to offer ample opportunities to plan and create new solutions to help grow our business. Vernal will pay a competitive salary with generous benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance. Although hiring level will depend on experience, we expect to grow with our employees and are interested in a variety of backgrounds.
Vernal Biosciences is located in Colchester, Vermont, adjacent to Burlington which is home of the University of Vermont and the UVM Medical Center. Check out https://www.helloburlingtonvt.com/ for more information. The Burlington area, set on the shores of Lake Champlain, features the best of two worlds:
- Multicultural hub with great schools, restaurants, breweries, shopping, arts, and an affordable cost of living
- Gateway to the Green Mountains including world class hiking, camping, bicycling, and alpine and Nordic skiing
Please contact [email protected] with CVs or for more information.