Vernal Biosciences is recruiting for a Marketing Manager to lead all marketing activities to position Vernal’s full suite of mRNA products and CDMO GMP offerings that will drive the long-term growth of the organization. This is a critical role within the Commercial function and the individual will establish brand positioning, develop effective MarCom strategy, measure key performance indicators, and report all marketing metrics.
- Develop, drive, and execute marketing programs, strategies and tactical campaigns for lead generation
- Lead and implement digital and web strategy for all of Vernal’s product and service portfolio, including SEO, building brand awareness, and optimizing landing pages
- Create effective sales and marketing channels to improve customer satisfaction rates at every touchpoint
- Manage all aspects of conference, trade show, and event planning and execution, including scheduling, sponsorships, contracts, and logistics to ensure a consistent corporate branding and client experience
- Understand and interpret scientific matters and technical challenges, package them into cohesive MarCom messaging, and deploy messages to users
- Provide support for all content development, including copy writing, tradeshow assets, MarCom, high-quality photography, product collateral, brochures, proof reading, and social media channels
- Collaborate with Product Manager to develop product messaging for all product and service portfolios. Work with Commercial team to build and improve customer-facing presentations for sales enablement
- Leverage CRM to manage marketing campaigns and implement automation tools wherever possible
- Set up and define overall marketing analytic strategies. Establish and maintain best practices for campaign and lead management to facilitate data-driven business decisions
- Lead all aspects of activities with external marketing and PR agencies
Desired skills and background
- An entrepreneurial self-starter with excellent organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills who enjoys working in a mission-driven startup
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Molecular Biology or Biochemistry. M.Sc. or Ph.D. preferred.
- At least 3 years of corporate or product marketing experience with demonstrated success of promotional or campaign launches
- Experience with CRM; SFDC is highly desirable
- Attention to detail with a result-oriented business mindset
How to Apply
If you feel that you are a great match for this position and want to make a difference in the exciting field of next-generation therapeutics, then reach out to us at [email protected] and be sure to include your resume and cover letter and “Executive Assistant/Office Manager” in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you!
Diversity/Equal Opportunity Statement
Vernal is an equal opportunity employer. We recognize the value of diverse, multifaceted approaches towards innovation and aim to incorporate diverse perspectives and experiences. We strive to build a safe, welcoming, and inclusive work culture.
At Vernal, you will offer knowledge-based solutions to help us address the growing demand for mRNA, lipid nanoparticle (LNP) mRNA, drug screening, and ultimately clinical supply of mRNA. Together, we will create the most integrated solution for mRNA vaccines and therapeutic R&D. Vernal will become the only one-stop-shop for our clients’ and partners’ mRNA needs, from concept all the way to clinical trials. The mRNA research associate or scientist will develop methods to synthesize, purify, and scale up mRNA. As a startup, we are seeking adaptable, creative thinkers who can independently foresee gaps and opportunities and who take the initiative to solve problems with a sense of urgency. We expect the work to be rewarding, fast-paced, and to offer ample opportunities to plan and create new solutions to help grow our business. Vernal will pay a competitive salary with generous benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance. Although hiring level will depend on experience, we expect to grow with our employees and are interested in a variety of backgrounds.
Vernal Biosciences is located in Colchester, Vermont, adjacent to Burlington which is home of the University of Vermont and the UVM Medical Center. Check out https://www.helloburlingtonvt.com/ for more information. The Burlington area, set on the shores of Lake Champlain, features the best of two worlds:
- Multicultural hub with great schools, restaurants, breweries, shopping, arts, and an affordable cost of living
- Gateway to the Green Mountains including world class hiking, camping, bicycling, and alpine and Nordic skiing
Please contact [email protected] with CVs or for more information