Vernal Biosciences is recruiting for Technical Sales Specialist to join our new Commercial team. This role will be focused on customer outreach to prospect sales of Vernal’s custom products and services to achieve sales metrics and revenue target in assigned territory. Assigned customer segment targets for Technical Sales role would be academia and emerging biotech.
- Build sales pipelines and nurture new business opportunities. Take ownership of managing all sales activities for RUO and emerging biotech in assigned territory.
- Establish and execute on strategies for obtaining new customers and growing existing customer accounts. This includes conducting web-based research for identifying and establishing contacts with key decision makers in all RUO, preclinical and clinical customer segments, reaching out to current customers, building connections, and maintaining customer relationships.
- Deliver presentations to clients on Vernal’s core capabilities. Maintain a high level of technical competence and utilize his or her knowledge to add values to Vernal’s custom RUO mRNA and LNP-mRNA offering
- Understand customer pipelines, goals, and scopes of projects. Provide recommendations of Vernal’s product and service offering for successful product adoption or customer conversion. Effectively hand off GMP projects to field Business Development managers
- Use CRM as an account management tool to document all customer communications and sales outcomes, including creating new contacts, tracking lead generation, managing sales pipelines, and creating dashboards and reports
- Provide up-to-date sales forecasts and deliver visibility to new sales opportunities in team meetings
- Represent Vernal at conferences and travel to customer sites (travel up to 20%)
- Consistently meet or exceed sales metrics and sales target
Required skills and background
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Biology, Molecular Biology or Biochemistry.
- At least 3 years of experience of life science laboratory research experience. More than 1 year of insides sales or account management experience in biotech and CDMO preferred.
- Broad technical understanding in the field of molecular biology and cell and gene therapy.
- Excellent relationship-building and interpersonal skills.
- Leveraging outstanding presentation skills, communicate information appropriate to the level of the audience and create interest on Vernal’s products and offering.
- Critical thinker with agility, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail with a result-oriented business mindset
Please contact [email protected] with CVs to apply or for more information. Please put “Technical Sales Specialist” in the subject line.
Vernal is an equal opportunity employer. We recognize the value of diverse, multifaceted approaches towards innovation and aim to incorporate diverse perspectives and experiences. We strive to build a safe, welcoming, and inclusive work culture.
At Vernal, you will offer knowledge-based solutions to help us address the growing demand for mRNA, lipid nanoparticle (LNP) mRNA, drug screening, and ultimately clinical supply of mRNA. Together, we will create the most integrated solution for mRNA vaccines and therapeutic R&D. Vernal will become the only one-stop-shop for our clients’ and partners’ mRNA needs, from concept all the way to clinical trials. The mRNA research associate or scientist will develop methods to synthesize, purify, and scale up mRNA. As a startup, we are seeking adaptable, creative thinkers who can independently foresee gaps and opportunities and who take the initiative to solve problems with a sense of urgency. We expect the work to be rewarding, fast-paced, and to offer ample opportunities to plan and create new solutions to help grow our business. Vernal will pay a competitive salary with generous benefits including health, dental, and vision insurance. Although hiring level will depend on experience, we expect to grow with our employees and are interested in a variety of backgrounds.
Vernal Biosciences is located in Colchester, Vermont, adjacent to Burlington which is home of the University of Vermont and the UVM Medical Center. Check out https://www.helloburlingtonvt.com/ for more information. The Burlington area, set on the shores of Lake Champlain, features the best of two worlds:
- Multicultural hub with great schools, restaurants, breweries, shopping, arts, and an affordable cost of living
- Gateway to the Green Mountains including world class hiking, camping, bicycling, and alpine and nordic skiing
Please contact [email protected] with CVs or for more information